North Lincolnshire School Nursing Team offer a Triage service where service users, parents and professionals can phone between the hours of 9am and 5pm for advice, referral and support.
The triage service can provide information of the school based drop in services provided in all of the secondary schools.
The school nursing team have a Facebook and twitter site which promotes public health messages and services offered by the team alongside links to wider support services and resources.
The school nursing service offers a variety of interventions through universal and targeted health provision for children and young people aged 5 – 19 years.
School nurse can provide support and assessment for a variety of needs including:-
• Emotional health needs, including self-esteem, mood and self-harm.
• Physical health needs; including support for long term medical conditions and care planning in conjunction with school.
• Healthy eating support – assessment of diet and exercise.
• Screening of children at school entry, vision, hearing and growth monitoring
• Transition support; health visitor to school nurse, primary to secondary education and children’s to adult services.
• Links to partner agencies – Delta, Virgin Care, Vaccination team and Child and Adolescent Mental Health services.
• Provide targeted support; following assessment, to reduce vulnerabilities
• Awareness raising of public health messages including child sexual exploitation, healthy eating, sun safety and substance misuse.
• Linking with local accident and emergency care to provide follow up and support after attendance at A&E
Our service is flexible to meet the needs of children, young people and their families. We provide early intervention to reduce vulnerabilities, allowing achievement of full potential.